On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 01:08:26PM +0000, Winkler, Ursula
(ursula.wink...@uni-graz.at) wrote:
> Hi Ansger,
>
> do you have experiences with Torque/PBS?

Yes, we've used it some years ago before switching to SGE.

> #$ -l nodes=2,ppn=12  (--> here: 12 slots on 2 nodes = 24 in sum) .
>
> when you restrict "nodes=1" (with resource quotas "qconf -mrqs" for example)
> then nobody should be able to use more than 1 node.

Is that a limitation per job or per user? I'd like to restrict jobs
only.

I guess I prefer William Hay's suggestion to use the JSV since it does
not require users to change their requests, but will keep the plugin
in mind in case the JSV approach does not work out.
Thank you very much!

A.
--
Ansgar Esztermann