Rather sounds like our docs could use a second viewpoint for those many
peoplewho know nothing about I.T. at all, or just dipping their toe in the
proverbial waters of hacking rather than the pros who already do this 4 a
living. Something like a walk-thru of why would we do this? How do you waLk a
file tree? When would a URL be needed? Whats a 'Rest' service? How do other
languagessolve this issue and why should i usegroovy ?

Sent from my iPad

> On 8 Jan 2016, at 20:25, Gerald Wiltse <jerrywil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I understand, you are probably right.
>
> I will use this opportunity to point out what I feel is a significant problem
> in general for people in my situation (sometimes). I'm not a java developer,
> and am only trying to teach myself groovy. The problem is that many groovy
> documents and examples assume you are a Java developer trying to transition.
> Not a super huge deal, and probably unavoidable given the circumstances, but
> it's a noteworthy barrier to adoption and learning for the novice. I'm glad
> the Groovy team is working on new features, not trying to port endless
> examples and use cases from Java to Groovy, however unfortunately for me,
> many of my problems are a result of this situation.
>

> Gerald R. Wiltse
> jerrywil...@gmail.com
>

>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:53 PM, Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org> wrote:
>> but I must say, I would not classify your question as a Groovy novice
>> question. @Log just uses normal logger, if you want more, you have to set a
>> logger that can do the things you want...  which is actually more a java
>> question then
>>
>>> Am 08.01.2016 um 19:47 schrieb Gerald Wiltse:
>>> Ok, you guys got it :)
>>>
>>> Gerald R. Wiltse
>>> jerrywil...@gmail.com <mailto:jerrywil...@gmail.com>
>>> 248-893-9110 (c)