Try this...

@Grapes(
        @Grab(group='org.apache.commons', module='commons-math3',
version='3.6.1')
)
import org.apache.commons.math3.random.MersenneTwister

import groovy.time.*

def benchmark = { closure ->
        def start = new Date()
        closure.call()
        TimeCategory.minus(new Date(), start)
}

def rng = new MersenneTwister()

def roll = {
        rng.nextInt(6) + rng.nextInt(6) + rng.nextInt(6) + 3
}

int N = 1000000
def results = [:].withDefault{0}

def time = benchmark {
        (1..N).each {
                int n = roll()
                results[n]++
        }
}

println time
results.each { key, value -> println "$key: $value" }

when I run it i get this output

0.565 seconds
12: 115149
14: 69665
18: 4546
6: 46159
10: 125497
11: 125188
9: 116157
8: 97236
15: 46510
7: 69281
13: 96961
5: 27663
16: 27731
3: 4572
17: 13827
4: 13858

Erick Nelson
Senior Developer
HD Supply, FM
Cell 858-740-6523
Home 760-930-0461

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for intended addressee(s) only and
may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from
disclosure, and subject to terms at: http://www.hdsupply.com/email.