Hi Daniel,

if you write stuff like that, I feel you are effectively discouraging people to praticipate in this test balloon. We can switch to whatever fits best later on, but right now we should see what people's reaction to this is - which might very well also be: "I would prefer to fund through xyz". If people do not want to fund Groovy development (at least the generic "fund Java 9 compatibility" bounty/target should appeal to anyone interested in the advancement of Groovy), then it does not matter what funding platform you offer.

Funding by multiple people would already possible through the Jira approach (just pledge in the comment section).

Splitting money between multiple contributors is a problem that we can hopefully solve once there is some money to split.

Cheers,
mg