Hi Jochen,
I was considering all kind of / suggested funding approaches, including newer
crypto currency based ones. My rationale for choosing the Jira task was that I
considered it (at the very least) a good test balloon:# It did not require any
of the core Groovy devs to invest time due to its informal nature - which##
allows to keep the exact details of a funded feature a little bit fuzzy## as
well as the way of transferring said funds## and even whether you will transfer
the funds in the end - not what one wants, of course, but it means the
commitment level is low# It does not require people to create a seperate
account# It collects all funding goals in a single place# It allows to mix
general (Java 9) and more specific goals easily# I expected people to voice
their opinion on alternative preferred ways of funding (with hopefully a
champion emerging)
I had hoped this informal approach would work, butif people prefer
https://www.bountysource.com, then all for it :-)
(I am just worried that the sums that can be gathered that way are pretty small
- that seemed to be the problem with all the services I have looked at; it
seems people need the "all together now" and emotional involvement of a
Kickstarter to give sizable sums...Feel free to prove me wrong everyone :-) )
(Also I cannot set this up, since you already need to know where the money
goes, etc...)
Cheers,mg

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Jochen Theodorou
<blackd...@gmx.org> Datum: 15.03.18  14:51  (GMT+01:00) An:
users@groovy.apache.org Betreff: Re: Fund Groovy Development - Jira Task
Just randomly using a post of this thread for the topic.

I just stumbled over https://www.bountysource.com/. Wouldn't that be an
interesting platform for this kind of idea