On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 at 00:03, Keith Suderman <suder...@anc.org> wrote:

> Option 4) Use the Maven Assembly plugin or the Shade plugin to build your own
> groovy-all Jar file.  Or just use https://github.com/gradle/gradle-groovy-all

Thanks. Are there any "beginner guide" style instructions on how to
use the Maven Assembly plugin or Shade plugin that you can point me
to? As I say, I don't use Maven, so the instructions for the plugins
use a lot of terms and ideas I'm not familiar with. I can (and
probably will!) use the gradle-groovy-all but I'd like to learn a bit
more about the Java ecosystem (I'm mostly a Python programmer, but I
use Groovy as an alternative for environments where JVM-based tools
are a better fit than Python-based ones). I find that starting Groovy
*without* a Java/JVM background, there's a lot of assumed knowledge
it's quite hard to pick up (unless you're willing to learn Java at the
same time ;-))

Paul