On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 at 22:46, MG <mg...@arscreat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> out of curiosity (and because having a fat jar again might be
> conventient at some point in the future in my work environment (also no
> internet access)):
>
> This solution proposed by Keith does not work
> https://github.com/gradle/gradle-groovy-all
> ?

See https://github.com/gradle/gradle-groovy-all/issues/1

Basically, yes it does, but only for groovy.ui.GroovyMain (which is
fine) and they don't support usage for anything other than Gradle's
purposes and they are looking to discontinue it once Gradle no longer
needs it (which isn't quite as fine ;-))

In addition, by not going with that solution, I've learned a lot about
Gradle and how to use it to solve my problem, which is much better, as
not only do I have a solution, I also learned something new :-) By the
way - my Gradle solution also doesn't work for groovy.ui.Console, but
that's fine as I say above (and it's a chance to learn more, working
out why :-))

Paul