I know technically, Groovy can compile scripts which are just predicate
expressions. For example, "age > 20" or "product.price > 20 || product.name ==
'Strawberry'". But is Groovy a good choice for this, if I have many expressions
(100s), and will be executing most of those on every request in a web
application / REST API? The alternative I am considering is Spring Expression
Language (SPEL), which can compile these simple expressions as well. From what
I understand Groovy is creating a new class from each expression/script, so
that overhead unreasonable compared to SPEL? Maybe Groovy is too "heavy" for
this simple use? We use both Spring and Groovy in the application now, so
there's no concern about increase in dependency tree / app size.

Jason Winnebeck

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments.