Marc Patermann <hans.moser <at> ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de> writes:
>You mean the DN contains a component with a space in it!?
>ou=WCL user,dc=foo,dc=bar
Ah... 'ou'... I was using 'cn'. The corrected search query works, as
demonstrated by the following perl script:
#!/usr/bin/perl
die "usage: $0 host domain username password\n" if @ARGV != 4;
my ($host, $domain, $username, $password) = @ARGV;
use Net::LDAP;
my $ldap = new Net::LDAP($host) or die $@;
my $mesg = $ldap->bind("$domain\\$username", password => $password);
$mesg->code && die $mesg->error;
$mesg = $ldap->search(base => 'ou=WCL Users,ou=WCL Logins,dc=wcl,dc=local',
filter => '(objectClass=*)');
$mesg->code && die $mesg->error;
$_->dump foreach $mesg->entries;
This spits out details of every user in the domain, with the sAMAccountName
being the user's login.
In httpd.conf I have
<Location "/test_auth">
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Secure Area"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://wcl-dc1:389/ou=WCL Users,ou=WCL
Logins,dc=wcl,dc=local?cn?sub"
Require valid-user
</Location>
I don't know what the extra '?cn?sub' at the end of the query string is for but
various examples have it so I cargo-culted it in.
When I try to fetch /test_auth/index.html I am prompted for a username and
password but the page that appears is blank. The error log has
[Fri Feb 27 11:26:09 2009] [notice] child pid 18708 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)
So I suppose I need to run Apache under the debugger, or make it generate a core
dump, to see where it's crashing. Unless you can spot anything obvious from the
above.
--
Ed Avis <[email protected]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
" from the digest: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]