On Sun, 2010-17-01 at 11:30 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:35:37 -0500
> John Iliffe <john.ili...@iliffe.ca> wrote:
>
> > There are a couple of choices to debug here.
> >
> > First, the code you supplied is comparing the mime-type parameters
> > obtained from the call to:
> >
> >  $upload_file_type = $GLOBALS
> > ['HTTP_POST_FILES']['profile_image']['type'];
> >
> > So, first I would echo $upload_file_type and see what it is actually
> > getting.
> >
> > Second, in_array() is case sensitive - see if the mime-type is somehow
> > getting upper case; the $file_type_list function may be converting to
> > upper.
> >
> > Third, what is the client doing to set the mime-type?  This is
> > probably OK (why  mentioned it last) but maybe the type of the upload
> > files is not being set correctly/at all?
> >
> > Also, I checked and $GLOBALS simply lists ALL variables in global
> > scope. So, somewhere you should have a function extracting
> > 'HTTP_POST_FILES' from the POST data.  (global variable
> > $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA).  You might want to check that.  Try printing
> > out the $GLOBALS array and see if there is a variable in it called
> > HTTP_POST_FILES using print_r().  This will print the array member
> > name => array member value which should help.
> >
> > You will have to do more but at least knowing where the problem is is
> > a good start!
>

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your kind response and clarification. Regarding debug I have
> a good idea rather than flipping through the code written by some one
> else because I am not a php coder and hope you will also  like it.
> I have only and only one option. Check with a php code that file can be
> uploaded with the same filetype check used in the previous code and if
> it fails then find out why so. Can I get a simple image uploader php
> code with the file type checking and some good echo to see what is
> actually happening in the net ? And if the code can do its job
> successfully then it might be not a server side problem. Can you
> suggest me any link which provides such a code ? In the mean time I am
> also looking for it through google but getting a direction from the
> experienced one is always great.

No, sorry I can't help you there unfortunately.  I'm not a very
experienced PHP coder either; I just used it to create a basic web
server.  I don't do uploads so no samples available.

I noticed certain items in your code the linked it to the mime-type and
figured that if you can echo what is actually happening so you can see
it, then you can fix it.

You might be able to get some help at:

 http://ca3.php.net/manual/en/index.php

the PHP online manual. It has a lot of sample code contributed by users.