Hi Clay & Thomas,

Thanks for your replies.

We have previously developed a feature that uses the tag management system
inside of AEM. The current business logic performs a search against the
repository using the tags associated with the content page. As part of this
business logic, the decendants of the tags (and decendants of these tags
until the bottom of the tree is reached) are also added to the query. This
creates a large query that isn't very efficient. We've hit the 1024 limit on
parameters for the query api.

Our custom indexer analyses the decendants of the tags when the reindex
operation is triggered so we can precompute this and store it efficently in
the index.
(We store the page path against the decendant tags in the index)

Ideally we would want to query our index directly (e.g. native query) to
return the results. From looking at the documentation for the lucene index,
I can see this is possible.
The documentation for the property index does not have the same query
listed.

Is it possible to run a native query against a custom indexer?
Otherwise, can we programmtically access a new NodeState?

We've hit the 1024 limit on parameters for the query api.  Also we've hit
the 1024 limit on parameters for the query api.