Oops, the webpage I mentionned had wrong code.

The correct code to run my query is:
QueryExeuction exec =
QueryExecutionFactory.create(QueryFactory.create("yourfederatedquery",
Syntax.syntaxARQ), new
DatasetImpl(ModelFactory.createDefaultModel()));
exec.execSelect();

Forcing the syntax to Syntax.syntaxARQ is mandatory because
client-side federation is a ARQ-specific feature.