As Andy has pointed out it is the decimal separator that is the problem.

SPARQL defers to XML Schema Datatypes for its datatype support and that
mandates certain lexical forms for datatypes including the use of ‘.’ As the
decimal separator as opposed to ‘,’ in your data.

Assuming that you control the source of the data prior to it becoming RDF it
would be best to try and fix the conversion of the data at that stage.

If you don’t control the data then your best option is probably to create an
extension function within Jena that is capable of parsing the Values in the
format given in the data and use this in place of the xsd:float() function.
Please see the following documentation for more guidance:

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/extension.html#value-functions

 Rob

On 16/09/2016 09:33, "Andy Seaborne" <a...@apache.org> wrote:

    On 15/09/16 22:56, lookman sanni wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to perform a filter in a SPARQL query, through the below code:
    >
    > FILTER ( abs(xsd:float(?tAmount1)) = abs(xsd:float(?tAmount2)) )
    >
    > The query is being parsed correctly, but I am not getting the expected
    > result. Any clue why this would not convert and compare those amounts
    > properly ? The amounts are formatted like this: "+8644,00".
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the help.

    In XSD, floats have "." not "," for the decimal separator.

        Andy