> For example, if we have to use filter keyword with a java variable (filter
> ?var='javaVariable) in our semantic web application, is it mandatory to use
> it as "data property" in our ontology and use it as String type?
Obviously, but it depends on the content of javaVariable ... you can
also compare other datatypes like int, double, etc. and for some you
have to provide the datatype explcitely, i.e. "VALUE"^^<DATATYPE_URI>
But yes, if it would be an object property you have to use a URI - I
hope this is clear, this is very basic Semantic Web knowledge, you
should already know that object properties "connect" resources which are
denoted by URIs.

> Like, name as data property in the ontology and then we use in our (SPARQL
> Filter) query when a user enter the name in a text box.
>
> Some time we need some object properties (as string) to use it as filter in
> our queries.

> Virus-free.

Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig