Yes, there is a difference.

It (the join) happens just before project and after any GROUP BY.

See the algebra at http://www.sparql.org/query-validator.html

    Andy

On 21/11/17 14:46, Claude Warren wrote:
based on https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#inline-data-examples

there is no difference between values  blocks inside or outside a graph
pattern.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Claude Warren <cla...@xenei.com> wrote:

Currently the values are always placed in the top level of the query.

Q: does it make a difference to exeuction?  (I suspect it does but I want
to make sure before I proceed to add a method to place it inside the graph
pattern.

Claude