Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 8:11 AM
From: "Lorenz Buehmann" <buehm...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
To: users@jena.apache.org
Subject: Re: client/server communication protocol
Well, Fuseki is exactly the HTTP layer on top of Jena. Without Fuseki,
which protocol do you want to use to communicate with Jena? The SPARQL
protocol [1] perfectly standardizes the communication via HTTP. Without
Fuseki, who should do the HTTP handling? Clearly, you could setup your
own Java server and do all the communication by yourself, e.g. using low
level sockets etc. - whether this makes sense, I don't know. I'd always
prefer standards, especially if you already have something like Fuseki
which does all the connection handling.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-http-rdf-update/