If we take this to the Java environment for a moment, you can read/write
directly to the jena database using the java classes.  I suppose you could
set this up to call it from PHP/Python.

HOWEVER, and it is a big however, there are synchronization (read/write)
issues with doing this.  Fuseki has the code to ensure that the
synchronization is handled correctly.

In addition, I have found recently that the RDFConnection class makes it
much easier to write code that will run against both a local and a remote
system.

My suggestion is that if you are going to do this, explore the Fuseki code
and understand how it does locking etc.  It has been awhile since I was
down in that code and what I remember may have changed.  YMMV.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>