> From: dbis...@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 20:42:04 -0400
> Subject: RE: HL7 messages to Kafka consumer
> To: users@kafka.apache.org
>
> I did it with HAPI API and Kafka producer way back when and it worked well.
> Times have changed, If you consider using Apache Nifi, besides native HL7
> processor,
MG>since this is where i get 99% of the applications i work on I have to ask
will Nifi process Z segments?
MG>if Nifi does not not process  Z segments you might want to delay being a
Nifi evangelist and go with
MG>aforementioned solution
 you can push to Kafka by dragging a processor on canvas. HL7
> processor also is built on HAPI API. Here's an example but instead of Kafka
> it's pushing to Solr, replacing solr processor with Kafka will do a trick.
MG>kafka server.properties does support a zk provider so kafka server can
ingest resultset(s) from zk
############################# Zookeeper #############################
# Zookeeper connection string (see zookeeper docs for details).# This is a
comma separated host:port pairs, each corresponding to a zk# server. e.g.
"127.0.0.1:3000,127.0.0.1:3001,127.0.0.1:3002".# You can also append an
optional chroot string to the urls to specify the# root directory for all kafka
znodes.
zookeeper.connect=localhost:2181
# Timeout in ms for connecting to zookeeper
zookeeper.connection.timeout.ms=6000
MG>kafkas clear advantage over zk is to control flow by pausing or resuming
partitions to your kafka consumer
MG>possible side-effect of relying only on zks provider would disable this
control-flow capability of kafka