Hi,
  This is a fairly generic question but has some specifics too

Ill ask the specific first - I am trying to use golang to talk to kafka and it
works, but a fairly important part of my application is to subscribe to
information in many topics where the topic is matched server side and will
include new topics added since the subscribe.  I have read that kafka can do
this, but I cannot see any way of asking it to do it via golang apart from with
the library https://github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-go
<https://github.com/confluentinc/confluent-kafka-go> - which uses a library
called librdkafka which I would have to compile and I am struggling as I am
using an arm processor (long story behind that one - but I don’t think this
solution will ever work with an arm processor).  All other libraries seem to
not offer this.  Is this because of some underlying restriction in kafka or do
you think it is going to be a case of keep hunting until I find one that does ?

Then the more generic question - I get the feeling that Scala and Java are
first class citizens when it comes to using kafka.  Whilst I love Scala - I am
learning golang and am more generally a ruby developer.  Am I likely go get a
‘second class’ service with these other languages - with restrictions around
zookeeper for example (I think I read something about having to have knowledge
of which partition to subscribe to - where zookeeper would normally track this
but there is no API for it) ?

Many Thanks

Gary Taylor