kannel will split it one by one following GSM 03.40 standard
if you connect to the phone using AT+Command
then the firmware of phone can not be predictable if you try to compare
between
1. sending using AT+Command (this method should done by kannel)
2. sending using mobile phone itself

ady.wicaksono at gmail.com
http://adywicaksono.wordpress.com/