Dear All,

I am having a strange issue. We have a service in which we receive sender's
nickame in khmer language and reply him back via kannel. For example user
sends r#វីរបុរសសួយថាង

Now by setting mo-recode=true in smsbox config, we can receive and store
the khmer font properly in db. But the issue is reply. Echo command shows
???? on mobile phone. Even tried urldecode but still mobile handset shows
garbage or ?????? signs.

I have read many lists where they say to use separate sendsms command to
send sms using charset=utf-8 and coding=2..... Yes this works from command
line or running php script ,which has this command, from command line, but
issue is how to make it work from php script which is called by sms-service
get-url...

I have set max-messages=0 and omit-empty=true and in my php script i
separately call the sendsms via system command but it seems that this line
is totally ignored and when I test this script from commandline it works
fine but when being called by sms-service, it logs data in db properly via
script but somehow misses to run the system command.

Here is my kannel.conf

group = core
admin-port = 13000
smsbox-port = 13001
wapbox-port = 13002
#PPG
wdp-interface-name = "*"
#PPG
log-level = 0
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/kannel.log"
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"
admin-password = iccard2
status-password = iccard2
#dlr-storage = mysql

# SMSBOX SETUP
group = smsbox
bearerbox-host = 10.1.10.22
sendsms-port = 13013
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/smsbox.log"
log-level = 0
access-log = "/var/log/kannel/access.log"
mo-recode = true
immediate-sendsms-reply = true

# SEND-SMS USERS
group = sendsms-user
username = user
password = pass
user-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
user-allow-ip = "10.1.10.22"
name = service_kannel
max-messages = 3
concatenation = 1
omit-empty= true

group = mysql-connection
id = mydlr
host = localhost
username = root
password = pass
database = sms
max-connections = 5

group = dlr-db
id = mydlr
table = smsdlr
field-smsc = smsc
field-timestamp = ts
field-destination = destination
field-source = source
field-service = service
field-url = url
field-mask = mask
field-status = status
field-boxc-id = boxc

# SMSC SMPP
group = smsc
smsc = smpp
smsc-id = smpp-1
host = xxx.xxx.xxx
port = 2222
receive-port = 2222
smsc-username = user
smsc-password = pass
source-addr-ton = 0
dest-addr-ton = 0
bind-addr-ton = 0
source-addr-npi=0
dest-addr-npi=0
allowed-smsc-id = smpp-1
system-type = VMCWI

group = smsc
smsc = fake
port = 10000
connect-allow-ip = 127.0.0.1

group = sms-service
keyword = default
get-url = "
http://localhost/new_smsreceiver.php?receiver=%p&smstext=%a&shortcode=%P&stime=%t&smsc=%i&kword=%k
"
omit-empty = true
max-messages = 0

in my new_smsreceiver.php

<?php

error_reporting(0);
//$receiver=str_replace("+855","0",$_REQUEST[receiver]);

$receiver=$_REQUEST[receiver];
$smstext = $_REQUEST[smstext];
$shortcode=$_REQUEST[shortcode];
$smsc=$_REQUEST[smsc];
$tm=$_REQUEST[stime];
$kw=$_REQUEST[kword];

        $pieces = explode("#", $smstext);
        $rstr=$pieces[0];
        $nick=$pieces[1];
$msgreply="Hi $nick, You are now registered for. You can now send you
comments by typing contestant Id and your comment, Ex. 1 is good.";
system("lynx -dump '
http://10.10.1.35:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=user&password=pass&from=xxxx&smsc=smpp-1&charset=UTF-8&coding=2&to=$receiver&text=$msgreply
'");

Now this system command executes fine when I run it from cli of linux but
it seems not running when script is called from get-url.

Please help.

Nasir Javaid