Yup... I know about linux users but confused how to give permissions to
kannel user? as chmod is used for the users that are already on linux
system.

now kannel can run new_smsreceiver.php via get-url without and issue... and
the code inside new_smsreceiver.php works fine as it explodes the smstext
and stores in db which means its being executed fine.. Issue is the other
php file or any linux command executed using "system" doesn't seem to get
working.

Thanks!

Nasir Javaid