Quoting g <gel...@bellsouth.net>:

On 08/23/15 01:13, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
Hi,

.
hello.

Been googling this a bit without find a solution.
I installed Fedora 22 on my laptop, and I find that I can recieve mail
in Evolution, but not send. Only thing that happens is that the
sending process times out.

Update: Testing telnet access I can connect, but sending "ehlo" command does nothing.

sending/receiving emails via a web based email server means nothing
in relation to using evolution locally.

Yeah I know, just wanted to point out that it's not the sending itself that the problem.

install thunderbird to see how it works.

I'll give it a try ...

/Martin S