On 08/23/15 02:44, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
> Update so far: Using Thunderbird I am able to connect properly and
> send email on my GMail account. It finds and autoconfigures all
> settings. On Evolution it doesn't.
>
> I can recieve mail on both Thunderbird and Evolution.
>
> Regarding my own server Thunderbird reports that the password/username
> is incorrect while I know I've entered them correctly and this cannot
> even connect. On Evoloution I can connect and recieve mail but not send.

.
use thunderbird configs for smpt in evolution.

as for password problem, does thunderbird setup password work for gmail?

to remove all passwords so they will require reentry, close thunderbird,
open file browser, open directory  ~/.thunderbird/*defaults, *rename* file
signons.sqlite to signons.sqlite.backup. [what ever]

reopen thunderbird, pull emails for all servers. you will be prompted for
passwords again. enter them for each server, enable [X] save password.

after download processing, close thunderbird and reopen to lock in new
password entries. run email download for all servers, auto sending of
passwords should work.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.