Hey guys..

Test laptop. login as root, start FF from the menu no prob.

Start a term as user foo. Try to start FF from the term, and get gconf errors.

I then create a "profile" thinking that would solve part of the issue(s).

I can then do
  firefox -p -no-remote

  (using the created/default profile for user foo)

This gets a FF with an error dialog

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit....

net search brings up a bunch of different things..

I really don't want to screw something up, so...

Any pointers/thoughts on what the err from the dialog is telling me,
and how I can resolve it to allow a reg "foo" user to bring up a FF

The FF session is ultimately going to be used to run the py/sel tests
from the cmdline..