On 05/27/2017 07:05 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sat, 27 May 2017 18:48:06 -0700
Joe Zeff wrote:

First, running sudo su is redundant if you know the root password, as I
presume you do.  (It's your system, you installed it and assigned the
root password.)  In fact, the only reason to use sudo at all is if you
don't know the root password, or you're running a distro that doesn't
normally have a root password.

Nope, completely myth, and here's why: "sudo su -l" is absolutely
the fastest and most efficient way to get a root login shell
where the PATH is set correctly to find the programs that root
needs to be able to run (at least it is the fastest way if your
user is setup to not require a password for sudo :-).

I always use "sudo -s" and I've never had a problem with paths.