On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:11:48 +0100
Michael Schwendt <mschwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 03:03:49 +0000, Christopher wrote:
>
> > So... I just did a fresh install of F27, and I can't seem to find
> > tracker-preferences, so I can disable the annoying document indexer that
> > keeps crawling my drives. Anybody have any insight into why this is missing
> > from F27, or a workaround to effectively disable the thing?
>
> Also see:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/t...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/7JKNFIS26MHKOVBWXUDZQNIKXKBLQ3BI/

dconf GUI:

/org/freedesktop/tracker/miner/files/crawling-interval
is set here to "-2" (disabled)

plus:
/org/freedesktop/tracker/miner/files/enable-monitors
here set to "false"

These two might be some core settings to turn tracker off ..
I doubt this really switches it off as a whole, but it seems it's
a good start if one doesn't want or need it ...
At least I don't remember having heard the fans roaring up over for
quite some time, which IIRC happened  when tracker started working ...

HTH
Wolfgang