I have tried Esc, Fn 1-12 and Del.  In each case I have selected a reboot, then
hit the selected key, holding it down throughout the reboot process.  None of
them gave me the required screen - all with just the choice between the
existing FC and Rescue.

I'm beginning to think that I will have to take out the hard drive, mount it in
a caddy, then hope that Windows disk management tools will see it and allow me
to remove everything.  Hopefully at that point I'll be able to reinstall and
boot from DVD.  Whether I'll be able to set UEFI off permanently is anybody's
guess.