On 03/05/18 20:39, Temlakos wrote:
> All right: what commands does one use with youtube-dl? Is that a command-line
> application? I suspect I might already have it in my system--but I thought
> "dl"
> meant "dynamic linking," same as in MS Windows. Does "-dl" mean "download"
> instead?
> If so, I'd love to have a full set of commands so I can bag me some videos
> before
> YouTube takes them down.

dnf install youtube-dl

[egreshko@meimei ~]$ dnf info youtube-dl
Last metadata expiration check: 7 days, 14:27:04 ago on Mon 26 Feb 2018
06:54:20 AM CST.
Installed Packages
Name         : youtube-dl
Version      : 2018.02.08
Release      : 2.fc27
Arch         : noarch
Size         : 8.4 M
Source       : youtube-dl-2018.02.08-2.fc27.src.rpm
Repo         : @System
From repo    : updates
Summary      : A small command-line program to download online videos
URL          : https://yt-dl.org
License      : Unlicense
Description  : Small command-line program to download videos from YouTube and
other
             : sites.

And then the one thing many people forget

man youtube-dl

--
If simple questions can be answered with a simple google query then why are
there so