On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 17:42:40 -0400
murph nj <murphnj+fed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had not, but I edited from the grub menu, and eliminated them.  I
> was then able to see the messages. (I was able to see them previously
> by hitting the escape key right after entering my password for the
> disks.)
>
> Everything left on the screen after the kernel panic is (too much to
> type)
>
> https://imgur.com/a/kf81crl

What I pull from that is that the error causing the problem is a page
fault when it asks for some memory.  But I don't know where to go from
that insight, other than opening a bugzilla against the kernel,
describing your problem, and attaching your screenshot with its stack
trace. I'm stumped. If it boots from USB, then the memory must be
working properly, but here you are failing when accessing memory.
What's different?

Long shot, reseat the memory, and run a memory check, to be sure memory
is OK.

> Unfortunately, it goes right to a kernel panic, so no prompts at all
> to work with.  (I'd have chewed on it more before asking for help if I
> had more to work with)

Too bad.  I see that Tony gave you a workaround.  That will show
the state before the error, but not after the error.  I vaguely recall
that there is a way to tell the kernel or systemd to dump a core file
when this happens.  That would also be good to attach to a bugzilla, if
it is available.