On 19-09-09 14:10:24, murph nj wrote:
Tony:

Can you give me some insight as to what the boot process does next
AFTER that pivot point?  The output I'm getting isn't enlightening me,
and I'm not quite sure where to look next.

Usually, when it all goes wrong just after pivot-root, there is a
problem with the new (real) root.  Exactly how it goes wrong is not
useful.  I would look hard at whatever is mounted at /sysroot.  It
should be what you expect / (root) to be, but mounted ro at that point
(`cat /proc/mounts` should show it mounted at /sysroot (see `man 5 fstab`
for format); `ls -l /sysroot` should show the contents you expect).
(All off the top of my head; I haven't rebooted to test.)