(responding to Ed)
> Yes
Thank-you.  Done.
> rm /var/lib/dnf/system-upgrade   deletes the link.
Done. Thank-you.
> FWIW, as noted by Samuel, removing packages won't buy you much.
I was taught to get the advice of 2 or 3 wise friends where practical; it's in the Bible somewhere (I wish I could remember where!).  So you and Samuel agreeing gives me much more confidence. Likewise when Samuel and Terry agreed on a key step last week.  So regarding "FYIW": it's worth a lot to me!

> For example, if you use the akmod package for nVidia drivers
> they are automatically rebuilt on each new kernel.  But the
> directory where the rpm's are kept (/var/cache/akmods/nvidia)
> isn't clean up and will grow with time

I just looked; you're right.  Several minutes ago, I opened a new thread for the '/' filsystem problem.  I'll continue this there.

Thank-you, Ed.
Bill.