On 10/21/20 7:34 AM, Lance Lassetter wrote:
I wouldn't do it (writing an iso over the network from NFS storage, due to the network possibly messing up the integrity of the iso image) but you should still be able to with the "dd" command.  Issue a "mount" command and you should see the mount path of your NFS storage.  Then, as Bob explained, do "dd if=/path/to/NFS-storage/image.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=8M status=progress oflag=direct"

Why would you say something like that about NFS? NFS is a network filesystem that has been used since before Linux even existed. I can't think of any common protocol where transferring a file over the network could affect the integrity of the data. Maybe netcat over UDP? :-)