On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 11:01:56 -0700
Samuel Sieb wrote:

> Why would you say something like that about NFS?  NFS is a network
> filesystem that has been used since before Linux even existed.  I can't
> think of any common protocol where transferring a file over the network
> could affect the integrity of the data.

At work, I can say with millions of examples behind me
that NFS is the source of more data corruption than even
meteor strikes :-). Build a large software project with the
object being written to NFS, at least one of the .o files
will be corrupted every time. It was never anything but
a pain in the patoot.

Now, if you have modern systems, and are using NFS4 with
stream rather than UDP connections, especially if the exact
same operating system (and therefore the exact same NFS
implementation) is running on both ends, reliability
skyrockets.