On 10/1/2023 6:31 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 10/1/23 10:43, Lester Petrie wrote:

On Sat, 2023-09-30 at 14:43 -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 9/30/23 14:40, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 09/30/2023 03:18 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
As far as I know, there aren't any options for local storage.
I mean there are no options for what type of storage Thunderbird uses
for local storage.  It only has the format Mozilla has always used,
which I think is something like mbox with an index.

mbox is the default, but you can select Maildir when you create the account, at least when you are using imap.

I've never seen any options like that and still don't when I tried it again.

In my thunderbird, in settings/general the last group of entries is Indexing.

The second entry is Message Store Type for new accounts: which is File per folder(mbox)

This can be set to File per message (maildir)

I changed that to maildir before I created any accounts, and everything is maildir.

I am currently on 115, but I set this up in an earlier unknown version.

Lester Petrie