On 4/10/23 09:05, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 10/3/23 15:00, Stephen Morris wrote:
On 4/10/23 03:33, Lester Petrie wrote:
On 10/2/2023 8:01 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 10/2/23 16:32, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 10/2/23 14:13, Lester Petrie wrote:
In my thunderbird, in settings/general the last group of entries is Indexing.

The second entry is Message Store Type for new accounts: which is File per folder(mbox)

This can be set to File per message (maildir)

In Edit->Account Settings there is a configuration page for "Local Folders" where under "Message Storage" you can set the "Message Store Type" to either "Mbox" or "Maildir", which a different specification to the same thing under "Server Settings" which as I understand it applies to the Inbox. As far as I am aware both of these configurations are available irrespective of whether you are using POP3 or IMAP. Also from memory I think you can change the "Local Folders" specification and Thunderbird will reformat the Local Folders on the fly. I have swapped backwards and forwards between these two specifications particularly when Thunderbird had the issue of Cross Linking emails.

The "Local Folders" setting is for folders outside of any network account, but it also can't be changed unless you change that setting I gave.
That's interesting, I thought I had changed the configuration and had Thunderbird reformat the folders without touching that setting that you gave because I didn't know that setting existed until now. I'm also using the upstream version of Thunderbird, and always have done, so maybe that setting is on by default in the upstream version?

regards,
Steve