On 30/9/23 14:12, Robert McBroom via users wrote:

In the past I would just enter "users" in the "To " space and would get the list entry users@lists.fedoraproject.org. Somehow that now gets attached to send to a person instead of the list. Have to explicitly type in the list address. Is there a fix?

Thunderbird keeps continually telling me it wants to compact the mails storage for what is a trivial amount of space, Is there a way to make it use a reasonable size to do the prompt?

In Edit->Settings->General->Disk Space there is a check box to specify that you want folders compacted and the amount of space to be saved before compacting will happen. As a sub-entry to this there is a checkbox for specifying that you want to be prompted each time.

I set the font size to small but it always reverts to medium, where would a permanent setting be located?

Also in Edit->Settings->General->Fonts & Colours is a setting to specify the default font and the font size. I would assume this is what is used for plain text mails and is used for html mails if the html doesn't specify the font and size to use, or the font the html specifies doesn't exist on your system. Also in Edit->Settings->Composition->HTML Style is a specification for the font and font size for composing html mails. In my configuration it is set to "Variable Width" and "Medium". Based on this if someone sends a mail in html format with this setting then I assume that is how it will display regardless of what you have set in "Fonts & Colours". There is also a checkbox to specify that you want to use Paragraph format instead of Body Text by default when composing a mail, I don't have this checked as I don't like "Paragraph Format" inserting a blank line when I hit "Enter" when writing an email.

regards,
Steve

Fedora Code of
Conduct:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/