On Thu, Oct 12, 2023, at 9:14 AM, GianPiero Puccioni wrote:
> On 12/10/2023 16:08, olivares33561 via users wrote:
>> Dear kind fedora users,
[snip]
> The easiest way is using "grubby", the command:
> # grubby --remove-args="rhgb quiet" --update-kernel=DEFAULT
> will remove "rhgb quiet" from the default kernel. You can use:
> # grubby --info=DEFAULT
> before and after to see the effect.
> It should be permanent but it isn't: the next kernel update will revert
> to "rhgb
> quiet" and you have to rerun grubby, it is a bug that, I hope, will be
> fixed.

I think that what seems to be a bug might be that a new kernel install looks at
/proc/cmdline to see how it was booted and grabs things from there. So you need
to test any fix by rebooting and seeing that it does not use the rhgb thing.
That will mean that it is not in /proc/cmdline and all is good.

I learned this by rebooting with a fsck switch used. A later kernel install set
that switch so that it would fsck on each boot/reboot.