On 10/12/23 09:14, GianPiero Puccioni wrote:
On 12/10/2023 16:08, olivares33561 via users wrote:
Dear kind fedora users,

I will like to remove rhgb quiet from grub.  I have checked out some
literature[1] and want to make sure not to mess up my system.  I have a
little problem, when loading system sometimes I don't get a desktop and have "No display" on screen.  I have to manually poweroff system and restart it. When I restart I edit the grub loading and remove the "rhgb quiet" part so I can see what is going on.  At the end a prompt says something in journal was bad and was deleted and I can login safely.  This has happened several times
on kernels 6.5.* series.

I hope I can get a permanent removal of these so I do not have to edit the
line and press F10 to boot it.  I want to see what is happening and
preventing X/Wayland to load up correctly.  Running F38 if it is relevant.

The easiest way is using "grubby", the command:
# grubby --remove-args="rhgb quiet" --update-kernel=DEFAULT
will remove "rhgb quiet" from the default kernel. You can use:
# grubby --info=DEFAULT
before and after to see the effect.
It should be permanent but it isn't: the next kernel update will revert to "rhgb quiet" and you have to rerun grubby, it is a bug that, I hope, will be fixed.

If you change it in /etc/default/grub and the current kernel, then it should affect any future kernel installs as well.