On 10/15/2012 4:01 PM, JD wrote:

One final, but remote chance - do you have xorg.conf in /etc/X11 or any of it's sub-dirs? If yes, delete it or rename it, and reboot - it could be the cause by loading wrong KB driver.

JD:

Thanks for reply. I took a look and do not see any xorg.conf. That file was always a problem for me in the earlier days when it was necessary and I really am hoping I don't have to do one now!

There is a /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-system-setup-keyboard.conf (or something to that effect as I am writing from memory given the Fedora box is downstairs and I'm on my upstairs box)

I compared the contents to the one on one of my F16 machines and they are the same.

Paul