Happy new year everyone!

On 21.12.23 16:57, Norman Feske wrote:
Reflections of 2023

In the last year, I mainly worked at the CBE / Tresor / File Vault ecosystem. Josef, Alexander, and I translated the former CBE library that was written in Ada/SPARK to C++ in order to simplify maintenance for our team and reduce the size of the code base. Thereby, the project was renamed Tresor. Beside that, I enhanced the File Vault for the PinePhone integration to be steerable without a GUI via configuration and report. The results of this work entered the Sculpt 23.04 release.

After that, I introduced a new framework that caused the Tresor code base to shrink further and made the core logic easier to grasp. As a side effect, the tests on the ecosystem were also strengthened. The effort is still ongoing but in its final stage.

Furthermore, I was involved in working on some scheduling issues with the base-hw kernel that were triggered by the more recent media workloads. Last but not least, I simplified and enhanced the Depot-Autopilot interface for writing tests, created a NIC/Uplink session adapter and did some maintenance work regarding the network stack and the MMIO framework.

Plans for 2024

Most importantly, I want to bring the Tresor / File Vault clean-up to a point where it can enter the next Sculpt release and where it can be maintained resp. adapted by everyone in our team. I'm also at adding upper-bound checks to the MMIO framework. Furthermore, there is a plan to adapt the File Vault to use the new Dialog API and separating logic and UI into different components. And since quite some time there are two open but non-trivial issues with the NIC router that I'd like to fix. From there on, I have no further plans yet for 2024.

Cheers,
Martin