Hello everyone,

In 2023, the progress in Goa turned out to be extremely helpful to us, as was the maturing of the Linux DDE, base-hw, and the tracing infrastructure. We also very much appreciate the new debug monitor.

Gapfruit's ambition for 2024 is to deploy a fleet of industrial IoT gateways to several factory floors. To achieve this, we will work on our Azure device management agent, fully implement TPM-backed security features, and enable a new device based on an i.MX8MP SoC. The last part seems to align with the planned work on the MNT PocketReform laptop.

Our pain points include stability problems with both available network stacks. We would also like to improve our in-house expertise in enabling new SoCs. Another issue worthy of further work would be the addition of resource trading to the fs_rom and cached_fs_rom components.

Also, we would very much welcome any further work to make the debug monitor available on arm_v8a. Any advances in tooling for performance analysis of complex asynchronous components are also topics of interest.

Best regards
Stefan for the Gapfruit Team