From: users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com [users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com]
on behalf of Blosser, Peter [peterblos...@letu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:19 PM
To: users@lists.ironpython.com
Subject: [IronPython] Hosted IronPython "cannot import" error

Hi.
I have been trying to implement a hosted IronPython solution in C#.  I have
been successful at executing basic python code, but  I am having problems when
trying to import a module.

The module I am trying to call is the packetlogic API for a traffic shaping
device, and I have been able to use it with IDLE, but not IronPython.
(http://www.proceranetworks.com/pythonapi.html)

I was origionally getting the error of  “name ‘packetlogic2’ not defined, but I
noticed that the sys.path was empty when I ran the program.  So I set the path
to the folder where the module is located using  AddToPath() in the
PythonEngine, and now I am getting the current error “cannot import PLv11 from
packetlogic2.v11.plapi”

v11 and plapi are both folders that are under the packetlogic2 folder in
“site-packages”, but it acts like it cannot find them.  Is there some other
path that I need to setup?  Any ideas?

Thanks