Jimmy,

I was using the DLLs from the .NET 2.0 release and that worked fine
albeit there are several warnings regarding types existing in both the
.NET and the IronPython assemblies. However, I tried to use an
ExpandoObject and now I get the error:

The type 'System.Dynamic.ExpandoObject' exists in both 'c:\Program
Files (x86)\Reference
Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\Profile\Client\System.Core.dll'
and '\IronPythonDlls\Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll'

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Jimmy Schementi
<jimmy.scheme...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> The MSI I downloaded from the link in my previous posts installs to
>> the following:
>> C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.6 for .NET 4.0 RC\
>>
>> There is no Silverlight folder as there is in the 2.6.1 download for
>> .NET 2.0. If I try to add the dlls in the root of that folder I get
>> the following message:
>>
>> "You can't add a reference to IronPython.dll as it was not built
>> against the Silverlight runtime. Silverlight projects will only work
>> with Silverlight assemblies."
>>
>> Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.
>
> Since the current stable version of Silverlight is Silverlight 3, which is a
> subset of .NET 3.5, we only include Silverlight binaries in the version of
> IronPython for .NET 2.0: http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/40144.
> When Silverlight 4 is considered the stable version, which is a subset of
> .NET 4, "IronPython for .NET 4.0" will contain binaries build against
> Silverlight 4. Note that those Silverlight binaries will run on Silverlight
> 4, they just aren't built against Silverlight 4, so any .NET 4.0 specific
> features (like "dynamic" interop) are not available, but normal app
> development works.
>
> ~Jimmy

David Matson
dmat...@gmail.com