The way I see it, even asking users to install the regular Mono on OS X is too much. Especially because things tend to break with newer/ multiple versions of Mono on Mac.

This solution is perfect for deployment, because we deploy after using mkbundle (= package this mono version in the app). That way, the application is larger, but new/different versions of mono can never break my app, and my application can never break existing mono apps the user might have.

+ I assume that eventually, these patches will be integrated in the official Mono trunk.

Regards,

- Kenny