Jeff Hammond <jeff.scie...@gmail.com> writes:

>> Doesn't mpich have the option to use sysv memory?  You may want to try that
>>

> MPICH?  Look, I may have earned my way onto Santa's naughty list more than
> a few times, but at least I have the decency not to post MPICH questions to
> the Open-MPI list ;-)
>
> If there is a way to tell Open-MPI to use shm_open without filesystem
> backing (if that is even possible) at configure time, I'd love to do that.

I'm not sure I understand what's required, but is this what you're after?

  $ ompi_info --param shmem all -l 9|grep priority
                 MCA shmem: parameter "shmem_mmap_priority" (current value:
"50", data source: default, level: 3 user/all, type: int)
                 MCA shmem: parameter "shmem_posix_priority" (current value:
"40", data source: default, level: 3 user/all, type: int)
                 MCA shmem: parameter "shmem_sysv_priority" (current value:
"30", data source: default, level: 3 user/all, type: int)

>> In the spirit OMPI - may the force be with you.
>>

> All I will say here is that Open-MPI has a Vader BTL :-)

Whatever that might mean.