All documentation I've seen so far shows how to build a Continuous Delivery
pipeline by tagging a specific image for testing/deployment.

But apps consist of more than single images, they also consist of
surrounding deployment configs, services etc. that combine all together
into a working system.

How does one manage the promotion of the entire set of these through the
entire CD pipeline?

In effect, I want to take a specific deploymentconfig from which a specific
"known good" deployment in development was created, and clone that into
testing -> production, along with related services and routes, except that
image references should be rewritten to reuse the exact same "known good"
images.

Is there a better procedure than "check if the definition of the
deploymentconfig changed during the last cycle, and if so, `oc apply` the
relevant changes to the testing/production projects before tagging the
image"?

--
Pieter Nagel
Lautus Solutions (Pty) Ltd