We manage most of our systems with Salt, and this includes our OpenShift
cluster.  We create nodes with salt-cloud and lay the groundwork (e.g.
admin user accounts, install various useful packages) using Salt, and then
we do the actual OpenShift installation using openshift-ansible (which Rich
Megginson mentioned).  We find that this works fairly well.  You could
probably do something similar with Puppet.  I don't recommend trying to do
the OpenShift install with anything other than openshift-ansible, though.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Stéphane Klein <cont...@stephane-klein.info
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use OpenShift with success but I search a good practice to:
>
> * keep all object config history (deployment config history, image
> stream creation/delete, project creation/delete…)
> * I use OpenShift template system, sometime I need to update this
> template but I need to update manually all projects based on this
> template
>
> I found this article in Puppet blog: « Managing Kubernetes
> Configuration with Puppet »
> https://puppet.com/blog/managing-kubernetes-configuration-puppet
>
> Questions:
>
> * what do you think about this practice?
> * what is your practice?
> * are there some Ansible or Puppet tools for OpenShift (I found nothing)?
>
> Best regards,
> Stéphane
> --
> Stéphane Klein <cont...@stephane-klein.info>