Hi Tim,

Yes, I only discovered what the basion setting did by looking at the heat
template, as I was going to try and remove the need for the bastion by
myself.

I found this line in the heat template:
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible-contrib/blob/master/roles/openstack-stack/templates/heat_stack.yaml.j2#L75

I don't know what provider_network does. But you might want to grep around
the repo chasing down those settings to see if it suits your purposes. It
seems a bit undocumented.

In regards to creating private floating ip's, this is what we did for our
on-premise openstack, because we wanted to have floating ip's that allowed
other computers outside the openstack network to be able connect to
individual servers.

I don't know what sort of privileges you need to run this command, so it
might not work for you.

openstack network create  --external  --provider-physical-network flat
--provider-network-type flat public
openstack subnet create --network public --allocation-pool
start=10.2.100.1,end=10.2.100.254  --dns-nameserver 10.2.0.1  --gateway
10.2.0.1 --subnet-range  10.2.0.0/16 public

Instead of public, you could call it something else.

So the end result of that command was that when openshift ansible asked for
a floating ip, we'd get an IP address in the range of 10.2.100.1-254.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Joel