Hi Tim,

The DNS needs to still be there because the master server uses those host
names to communicate with the nodes in the cluster. For example I
discovered that in the UI when you look at the logs or the terminal, the
master api server opens up a connection to the node in question via the DNS
name. In my current setup I’m using a non internet resolvable DNS name,
openshift.local or something like that. Then I maintain a real DNS domain
to point to the master api server and the infra node.

So, if you can still view logs in the UI, then I’d say the DNS is working
ok.

I’ll have to try this non-floating ip mode in the future, but it might be a
month or so away.